What started out as a two week sales trip for Ross, turned into a month! Kate and I got to be there for every minute of it! Sounds miserable? Better than the alternative... A month at home alone with a 4 month old!!! Plus, Ross didn't like the sound of being away that long! We actually had a great time! I am so glad we went!
We left Rexburg on Friday, April 4. First stop was Salt Lake City for General Conference. Our Bishop got us tickets for the Saturday morning session and I was so excited! I've never been to Conference before, plus we were going to be there when President Monson was sustained! Unfortunately, Kate won't take a bottle, so I wasn't able to leave her. Ross got to go and I got to watch Conference at Aunt Nyla's house!
Sunday, we drove down to Mapleton and got to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa Perkes. We had so much fun visiting with them!
Kate with Great Grandma Perkes
Then it was off to Colorado! First stop on the way was Grand Junction and then on to Denver. We were a little concerned about how Kate would travel, but as you can see in the pictures below, she did it like a pro! She slept alot and when she was awake, she just chilled in her seat!
In Denver, we got to stay with Ben and Jenny McDowell. It was so good to see them and to hear their good news!!! Keeping the secret was REALLY hard! I can tell now, though!!
Ben and Jenny are having triplets!!!
Congratulations!

Some light reading
After leaving Denver, Ross had an apointment in Colorado Springs and then we went on to Albequerque. After that, Phoenix, where we surprised Grandma Char! We had told her that Kate and I were not coming with Ross. Kate got to hang out with her cousin Lexi again!
Another pair of matching jammies!
Lexi is learning how to be soft.
Hopefully she gets it down before her baby brother gets here in June!
Aunt Anna Banana
After Phoenix, on to Las Vegas and then Reno!
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!
I think her goal is to get the entire phone in her mouth!
After leaving Reno, we spent a night in Mt Shasta, California and then headed up to Portland, where we got to stay with the Nielsons for a few days!! We had a great time and got to see the beautiful Oregon coast!
Grandma Leeanna
On up to Seattle! We got to stop in Olympia and visit with Grandma and Grandpa Foster for a few hours and then on to the Petty's!
Playing Pretty Pretty Princess with Hannah at Grandma Jill's house!
Hanging out with Grandma Jill
I like putting my grandparents to sleep
No more appointments and we are on our way home!!! Yeah!
Leaving Seattle, we must have passed a hundred or so VW's. Must have been some kind of convention! They were traveling in packs! We go to see some pretty cool VW's. Some that I had never seen before!
One more night in a hotel in Missoula, Montana and we were done! Because we got to stay with family so much, we only had to stay in hotels 6 nights! I think the trip would have been miserable if not for that! We got back to Rexburg on Monday, May 5. Best part about getting home? All the snow had melted while we were gone!!
Last day of the trip and still Happy!!
(Sorry if that was a little bit involved. It was a month, after all!!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment