10.30.2008

First Cold

I've been really lucky. Kate's almost 11 months and all she's had so far is an ear infection! But here we are, both of us with colds. I blame this grubby little girl who came up to us at WalMart in Idaho Falls yesterday. She had dirty little hands, which she obviously did not wash after going to the bathroom, which she had just exited when she approached us. Next thing I know, her hands are all over Kate's face and she's talking to her in baby talk!!!! I finally was able to swat her hands away and make our getaway, only to have this little girl follow us and manhandle my baby again!!! As soon as we were free, I scrubbed her down with a baby wipe, but here she is sick anyways. Who knows, maybe I got sick and gave it to her, but I prefer to think it was grubby girl, not me, who got my baby sick!!

4 comments:

Michelle Price said...

That's the worst! I hate when people think it is okay to wipe their germs all over babies. Hope you both feel better soon!

Jenna Lee said...

Oh man.... Braxton has never been sick besides teething so I am so lucky for that, I am not sure if I can handle a sick baby!! I miss you already and can't wait to see you for Christmas!! Maybe we can finally get all of the husbands together!!

Charlie, Jessica and, Langley said...

Hey Heidi! Jamie Gutherie gave me your blog spot! Katie is beautiful! I'm a complete germ-a-phobe with Langley. I probably would have given that kid a really crusty look before subtly scooting her out of the way. Hope your doing well! - Jessica (Holmes) Danielson

Heiner Happenings said...

Heidi Hawkins!! How the heck are you? You are right, I knew right away who you were on that fatty comment. Colby will be so happy to hear that you checked our blog out! You will be added to my people if you dont mind? I love this blogging thing...its been a good way to keep up with people and to journal about the fam. Kate is a cutie! I love the legs hanging out from her crib! Lol! It's amazing the crazy things they come up with.