3.20.2009

Introducing Melli

She's finally here! And she finally has a name! Ross and I had been considering a few names, but when she was born they didn't fit. So we had to start all over. I have always loved the name Melli (pronounced Mellee) but hadn't even thought about it for this baby. Ever since the first time I read Gone With the Wind I loved Melanie Hamilton's nickname, Melly. I guess you could say that's where I got it, but I liked it with an i better.
She was born yesterday, March 19 at about 6:30 pm. 7 lbs, 8 oz and 19 inches long.

Patiently waiting...

Right after she was born.

Grandma Char stayed with Kate while Ross and I were in the hospital.
She sure loved holding and loving her new sister for about 30 seconds before she got tired of her and swatted her away!
Giving Kisses
Helping comb her hair
Grandma Char If you've read Natalie and Kendyl's blogs, this picture is old news, but I wanted to post it along with the next one to show how much Kate and Melli look alike! This first one is Melli and the next one is Kate while she was still in the hospital.
I'm sure we'll have plenty more pictures to post in the next few days!!!


15 comments:

Jill Petty said...

Melli is just beautiful. She does look a lot like her sister. I can not believe how light Kate's hair has gotten. What lovely girls. Hugs and loves around!
Grandma Jill and Papa Brian.

Mandy said...

Congrats! Girls are wonderful :) Welcome Little Melli!

Flaherty Fam said...

Congrats. Melli is such a doll and I love her name. Kate and her look like twins in those pics...so fun! I can't wait to meet her.

Liz Cheney said...

CONGRATS! And I love the name. She looks like Kate!

Daniel & Kelli McDowell Family said...

So so cute. Good work Mom (and Ross). Congrats! It took us a couple of days to pick Charlotte's name too - and it was NOT on the list either! :o) Funny how that works. I like Melli.

Tyler and Kendyl said...

Love the pictures! She is SO cute and the splitting image of Kate! I can't wait to see her in person

Jenna Lee said...

oh she is so cute....I love the pitures with her and Kate...Kate looks so cute as well!!! Wow I can't believe you have 2 now!! I will call you today and chat, we have been out of town over the weekend!!

Janay said...

Congratulations! She is so adorable, I can't wait to meet her. :)

Michelle Price said...

Congratulations! She is adorable! I love her name. I hope you and Melli are both recovering well and getting lots of rest! Congrats again!

Jamie Taylor said...

Congrats, Heidi! I love the name, and the comparison pics at the bottom. My boys looked exactly the same as well... for the first few months it was like de ja vu. But, after a while the second started to show his very different personality. :) You look great, as well! Good luck with two! It's an adventure!

Christy said...

Congrats Ross and Heidi!! She is beautiful! Looks exactly like Kate. They will be such good friends. I love that my girls are two years apart because they are such good friends and play so well together. You will love that when they can play together! They are both just beautiful. Hope you are getting lots of rest!

~Sarah said...

Congrats! She is beautiful, and Heidi you look great!

The Belnaps said...

Congrats Heidi! She is so beautiful! We got to see your parents in AZ at one of Mitch's games.. It was so fun, it has been a long time since I have seen any of your family! It brought back some fun memories! Hope everything is going well for you guys! I will be looking forward to lots more pictures!!

Stephanie said...

I sort of blog-hopped over and landed on your page, but I just had to tell you that your baby is beautiful. And you know I'm not biased, because I don't even know you. :)

Stephanie said...

Oh wait, I take that back, heh, I do know you. :)

I just didn't see you before, just the baby. Still beautiful.

I know, I'm crazy. I have a problem.