5.26.2009

While the girls head off to Arizona...

This is what Dad will be doing...
In fact I'm pretty sure that's why he kept pushing me to buy a plane ticket. So he could go bear hunting while we're gone without feeling guilty... (I'm not complaining)
Here is a picture of the bait. This is everything I could remember. I know there are some other things in that huge sugar pile, but I can't remember them all. Also, there are some rotting animal carcasses somewhere nearby that Johnny has been storing in barrels for the last year. Disgusting, I know. But apparently the bears love it.

Grizzlies like the bait, too
I was reprimanded earlier for not posting this picture, so I had to go back and add it. I like the first grizzly picture better because you can see its face. But according to Ross it is not better because you can't see the whole bear, therefore you can't see how HUGE it is. And here I thought cuteness was the important thing. Silly girl.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the rotting animal carcass (beaver, I believe) totally made Ross throw up. (Remember, he goes out and does this for fun). And, as if boys aren't weird enough... Today I find out that while they were out yesterday, they drug dead muskrats around behind a quad around the bait site, just to get the bears even more excited. I definitely don't understand, and I'm glad that I will be in AZ when the hunting part actually begins.

1 comments:

Tyler and Kendyl said...

HOW EXCITING!! You're going to have a bear rug woo hoo!!

I know you're thrilled