We've had a very busy fall so far. First a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Hawkins in October. A week after they left, the girls and I embarked on a great adventure! We drove from here to Oregon to visit Grandma and Grandpa Nielson and then to Washington to visit Grandma and Grandpa Petty. 15 hours each way in a car by myself with the girls... We stopped and stayed halfway with friends and family each way, which helped break it up. I don't know what I would have done without the portable dvd player. Kate watched Cars over and over and over! We had so much fun that it was worth the drive, though! We got home just in time for me to crash and get sick with Bronchitis that is still lingering a week and half later! Also, last week we got to say a very brief hello to a sweet cousin named Daniel. Daniel has returned home to his Heavenly Father and even though I never got to meet him in person, I miss him and look forward to the day when I can finally greet him.
Here are some pictures of our visit with Grandma and Grandpa Hawkins. The next post will have pictures from our trip. There are too many to do all at once! (Also, I'm waiting for Grandma Jill to send me some pictures of our time in Washington. hint, hint)
Melli sleeps in the funniest positions, much like her dad.
Such a happy girl. On our way to Jackson Hole for the day
4 comments:
I have the cutest nieces EVER! When did they get so big, I can't believe it! I dont think your parents wanted to come home..
I wish we could have made a trip up there this year but hopefully we will after Stitch makes his debut next year. Thanks for the pictures and I can't wait to see more :)
Looks like you had a great trip, I can't believe you drove by yourself though for that long with two kids, but the movie Cars keeps my girls entertained for hours too! That picture of Melli sucking her thumb is darling!! How stinkin' cute is that?!
How fun! I put my finger over my nose to when I was a baby. She's going to be really smart, I am sure of it LOL! Tell Kate to quit growing, it has already been a year since we moved!
Heidi, you are so brave to do a roadtrip all by yourself! Sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you're feeling better! Did you guys have venison for dinner?
Post a Comment