12.30.2008

Merry Christmas!

Here are some pictures of our fun trip to Arizona...
I love this picture of Ross and Lexi! She came up to him and said
"It's Christmas!" and put the Santa hat on him!
Kate doesn't like sitting still right now... I had to give her a present
to hold just to keep her facing me long enough for a picture!!
Aunt Nat gave Kate her present early. Matching Christmas jammies!
Kate doesn't understand the concept of receiving presents yet, but she LOVES ripping the paper off!
Here she is trying on the apron grandma made for her. Now she can help mom in the kitchen! (Maybe when she gets a little bigger)
She's even got her own spatulas!
She also doesn't understand that this was Lexi's present, not hers.
Santa always puts root beer bottles in our stockings.
Here is Kate enjoying dad's.

Kate and Cooper. I love seeing them side by side! He's 6 months younger than her, but they're the same size. He may even be a little bit bigger!


The morning after Christmas, I put Kate in Coop's play pen to keep her in one place while I showered and got ready (letting dad sleep in- at home, he usually gets up with her and lets me sleep until he has to go into work).
After awhile I realized it had been some time since I heard from her.
She had played herself to sleep! I love how she's cuddled up to the puppy. She got so attached to it that grandma let her take it home.



Our last night there, Ross decided that he wanted to try a deep fried twinkie.He found a recipe online and made them for everyone. They were pretty good! I don't know how everyone else would describe them, but to me they were like indian fry bread with filling...



Kate taking her turn behind the wheel on the drive home...

Also, you should know that the picture I posted of last year's winter was pretty much exactly what we came home to. There was well over 2 feet on the ground when we got home!!!

6 comments:

Tyler and Kendyl said...

Ross, the proud twinkie maker! They were yummy, we should make it a tradition. We're sad you guys had to leave, but maybe next year we'll get to head your way for the holidays!

Flaherty Fam said...

Kate is so cute and I love the matching pjs and the adorable little apron. It was fun to see you guys and I'm sorry you had to leave to go home to so much snow.

Christy said...

Kate is such a sweetie! She just has the cutest face! I loved the apron on her. And those fried twinkies sound like heaven right now!! Did he get that recipe online? Glad you guys had a good time!

Coco said...

hey you! how fun you guys got to go home for christmas! your pics are so cute. i like the one with the root beer bottle!

Jack & Lucy said...

Hi Heidi! Remember me? I saw a link to your blog on Rachel Foulger's page. Your family is beautiful!! We have a blog too if you ever want to check it out. It's www.ryanchristyandlanden.blogspot.com!

Christy Owens

The Burtons said...

Your little family is just adorable! I miss you guys. The twinkies look delicious! Ross, aren't you the little chef!